Tuesday 2 August 2016

Astrantia

I am on a bit of a crafting frenzy at the moment as my Grandchildren have been away.....back onto the treadmill tomorrow! Only joking....I think!


Yesterday evening I spent some time sketching pics of a beautiful Astrantia plant which I have in my garden. Today I took photos and printed them out and created different photos, trying out image transfer techniques.
The one that I chose for this piece is an image printed out onto Photo Fabric.

It started out as a double page in my vintage annual, but the right hand page was a mess, so I settled for half of it.

This page has been gessoed and Grunge paste applied through a Donna Downey stencil.
Then I coloured over the letters with an Apple Green inktense pencil and added some distress stains in the wrinkle free method.
I mounted my pic onto some cotton using Fuse A Web and added just a word from Tim Holtz Big Chat.
I shall enter this into the A Vintage Journey Monochrome challenge. It started out monochrome but a tiny bit of colour crept in, in the disguise of Ageing!

5 comments:

  1. Love how you printed on fabric and added it to your fabulous background. Thanks for sharing it at AVJ Hazel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Hazel, so delicate looking, love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is AWESOME Hazel! LOVE your hand drawn Astrantia and the clever/wonderful way you've layered it up. Thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this, Hazel - the delicate hints of spring green are perfect and the textured script makes me so happy. Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete