Sunday 19 June 2016

Inspired by Deb Weiers

Darcy highlighted the fantastic work of Deb Weirs over on the Paperartsy blog a while ago, and I now follow her on Facebook.
She has recently drawn a double page spread and it caught my interest.
At first, I was going to copy her style, but, instead, went for my own.
I really enjoyed this.
First, I gessoed my book pages and scraped fresco paints across with a credit card. Next, I put a wash of Snowflake over and drew my person. This time, I did her out of my head rather than copying a magazine pic.
Added some doodling and made up a phrase.
I am entering this into the Kim Dellow Face on friday challenge.


3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous artwork and quote - her eyes are mesmerizing.
    Love this a lot.
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing face!! It pops out of the page! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very intense gaze indeed, a wonderful journal spread.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete