Saturday 21 May 2016

Keepsake box

As the topic on Paperartsy this fortnight is doodling, I was more than happy to contribute. I find doodling so relaxing and have started to make a collection in a notebook to use for reference.

Here is my Keepsake box.


I began by covering my box with torn papers....manuscript, dictionary and a favourite set of my stash papers that are a vintage style.
I created a crackled finish by applying Fresco French Roast, Crackle glaze, and finally Vintage Lace, making sure that each layer was dry before applying the next. I added some pictures and labels and sanded and distressed the finish. Finally, I added some script with blue archival ink.

Next, I treated the inside of the box with the same process.

I chose PA minis for my stamping (MN07 and MN10) and, with black archival, stamped the couple onto some vintage music paper (Finnabair). As the faces did not show up too clearly, I stamped them again onto plainer paper and glued them over the top. Next, I doodled some vintage style flowers around the couple, including a frame. For my doodling I used a black Fude Ball pen. I watercoloured the flowers using Derwent Inktense and aged them with distress inks.



I added a TH metal word band which says.."dream as if you'll live forever" and a few roses and some ribbon. I used some vintage lace to frame them.

In the lid there is a child, another Paperartsy mini stamp (MN13). I have framed him with a wooden frame painted in French Roast. I also added lace to the window, so that you can see it from the outside. I added a Prima flower.


I have imagined that my box was lovingly created by the lady in the picture and that the other images were her loved ones. Perhaps she kept letters or little tokens in the box. 
I hope that you have enjoyed sharing my creation. Thanks for looking, and don't forget to visit the PA blog for more inspiration. 




4 comments:

  1. Beautifully decorated and put together Hazel. Have a great weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful, beautiful vintage box with some of my favourite stamps! Gorgeous work Hazel! Hugs Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another vintage delight. Love the ephemera embedded in the lid, and the bolder colours inside - hidden from the light of day and so preserving their warmth. Just lovely.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your art is utterly gorgeous and its really inspired me . A hundred and one thankyous

    ReplyDelete