Sunday 19 July 2015

Time envelope

Had some time to play this evening and after a little browse on Pinterest, I decided to mess about with an envelope!

First, I aged it with distress inks, doodled on it; wrote a shopping list; added washi tape; and glued down part of a poem and some stamps.
Next, I used a selection of Paperartsy mini stamps, blots, script and postmarks to age it further.
I glued a piece of dictionary inside the window and added an old film negative.
Finally, I stamped some images from PA Ink and the dog Schooldays 1 to my journal page and attached the envelope.

My idea was to show the passage of time that this envelope has travelled and its uses along the way.
I am entering this into the PA challenge.
I would like to include this piece into the CVC challenge also as this is another example of something that is well travelled!





12 comments:

  1. Oooh fabulous hazel, looks really authentic and like it's traveled all over the world!!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Hazel! There's never as much thought or meaning behind my makes. Wish there were!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow! Love this Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous idea and fun! I love it Hazel. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this idea, Hazel. I can remember when I was a little girl envelopes used to be left on our kitchen table. They would be used for shopping, lists, reminders and so on. They would have doodles on them and all kinds of layers until they became a kind of journal in a sense. This piece reminds me of that. How evocative and interesting it is - just what art should be. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful, Hazel - a gathering of ideas, ephemera and images - certainly an improvement on the original use of that particular envelope! Gorgeous.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the whole idea. Great stuff. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Hazel, this is a really gorgeous enveloppe, I can see all the details better than on FB and it is great!... On your blog too at last since I finally found time to read your blog post on PA too tonight only (sorry for the delay but I'm really running out of time) and leave you a comment. Simply fabulous dear Hazel!!! :) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea, fabulous mail art Hazel! xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous - I love the distressed look, it really does look like it's traveled the world. I also love the colour of the stamps against the neutral colour of the envelope - they really stand out. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Country View Challenges,this is gorgeous.xxx

    ReplyDelete