Saturday 25 July 2015

Time cards

I should have been at a Sue Carrington class today, but after 2 weeks of middling health, I wasn't quite up to the journey and the intensive day! Boohoo!

I took things easy and did a bit of yoga and then had a look at my iPad! There was a new post from Alison Bomber, demonstrating some fabulous cards.
After I had googled the method that she described...." wrinkle free distress technique". I set to work.
First, I glued some manuscript paper to my card and painted over with PA fresco Chalk.
I chose some PA Smoothy Heavy card stock and put some Distress Stain inks onto my craft sheet and sprayed with water. I chose Tattered Rose, Faded Jeans and Vintage photo. I pressed the card into the ink, dried, repeated until I was happy.


Next, stamped a flower from HP1009 with archival and clear embossed it. Added bits and bobs and a PA sentiment.
Really pleased with the effect and grateful to Alison for the inspiration! hers are amazing and you can find them HERE.



Entering them into the PA time topic.




7 comments:

  1. very pretty! shame you had to miss the Sue Carrington class though, maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Hazel what a shame, but you certainly made up for it, love your cards xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear your health isn't good Hazel, such a shame you couldn't make Sue's class.
    You've created two stunning cards today though.
    Alison xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling better! Gorgeous artwork!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards. I hope you'll be able to attend another of Sue's workshops soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sad you missed Sue's class, but oh how lovely your cards are! Delighted to have been the trigger, and I just love the colours you've used. The PA stamps work beautifully - really pretty cards. Glad to have introduced you to wrinkle free distress too - apologies for not spelling it out, but it's one of Tim's basics, so I know people can track it down if they need to - Q.E.D.!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete