Friday 17 April 2015

Niches shoe

I spent considerable time mulling over the possibilities of the niches challenge! Nipped upstairs during the break of Coronation Street to raid my shoes the other night! There were no shoes that I could part with, so, yesterday, I hit the charity shops!

This is what I came up with...a pair of never worn, size 5, patent, nose-bleed height stilettos! £3.


So, I painted it all over with Matte Medium and then used Fresco, Bougainvillea for the underneath and inside and Fresco Chalk for the actual shoe!

I stamped a selection of PA stamps onto tissue and set to creating a work of art? Also added some tissue manuscript and a little script stamping in magenta archival.
I think that the shoe is much improved and completed it with a bit of net and some paper flowers.
I could quite easily have gone on and on adding embellishments and really bling it up but I liked the stamping on the Chalk background!
Hey Presto, my latest piece......and I have another shoe for a rainy day!





Vivienne Westwood watch out! Haha!







21 comments:

  1. Fabulous! I'd wear a pair like that, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Ha! Indeed very Vivienne! You are amazing Hazel and so is your Art with a capital A! Truly fantastic piece and I love it! I'm glad you didn't cover the stamping and you hit just the right amount of bling. It's a stunner!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol that'ss brilliant Hazel!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to own a pair of Jimmy Choo shoes, it has always been a dream of mine from the first moment i saw a pair of his amazing creations, not to wear them of course but to have them as an Art piece.

    Now i have a need to own a Hazel Agnew masterpiece, i am blown away by your niche shoes, they are awesome and in their own league but they would have to be in another colour other than pink or magenta or red or yellow or orange, gosh how picky am i roflol!

    Silver and black would be chic and timeless, might have a play at this sometime as you have fuelled my inner shoe demon/Angel...

    LOVING your inspiration Hazel, thank you for the HeArt Smile :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo love this! It looks great, much better than the original shoe :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are amazing, great idea and brilliantly executed. Question is, are they Darcy's size as she is obviously up for it?

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love!!! I would wear these! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a genius Hazel, that looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Arlington they are marvellous, great idea. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, stunning - I LOVE them! What a fabulous idea - the colour palette is perfect. If I wasn't of an age where comfort has become far more important than fashion I would wear them myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely inspired! What brilliant idea! You are soon clever!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are terrific Hazel! I must say I can just imagine my daughter wearing these! They are right up her street! You have the most brilliant and inventive Ideas: I have always adored the enthusiasm you bring to everything you do and your freshness and ingenuity! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent idea and brilliant punky shoe. I love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I altered some shoes years ago and it was a lot of fun!! Yours is wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is stunning...I could see these as a pair for a young person... wonderful work!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Hazel I missed this one, what a fantastic idea, love it. Wonder if you sealed them if they could be worn xx

    ReplyDelete