Friday 6 February 2015

Shiny Stuff Card

Me again! Just had to buy some plumber's tape and have a go after seeing such great work earlier this challenge!
After never having heard of it in B&Q I went to a local builder's yard. Told the guy that I wanted it for art and he said  "Thats ok, we get all sorts in here".

I begun by gluing some card letters onto a cereal packet and placed the plumber's tape over the top. I enjoyed making the letters emerge by pressing with a paper stump. I decided not to paint it but to rub in various colours of treasure gold.
Next I added some star brads.
I used all my experimental offcuts from my canvas of my Dad to create a frame around the piece.
I then mounted the whole thing onto brown card and it is going to be a birthday card for my wonderful son!
Loved playing with plumber's tape. Lots of possibilities!



9 comments:

  1. That's gorgeous Hazel! I may have to pinch this style for my son, whose birthday is this month.
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, all those colours of treasure gold look fab x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo I like this lots! I went to B&Q too for shiny tape but they didn't know what I was on about! Lol! I like how you used the off cuts from your canvas for the frame - looks really good! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, love the effect of the TG over the plumbers' tape - fabulous shiny stuff!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hazel,
    I didn't get a chance to come by and comment before so here I am now. I need to get me some of that tape it so pretty the way you have this done up. I can see lots of masculine cards and some Christmas cards being made with this.

    ReplyDelete